We are Board Certified Electrodiagnostic professionals dedicated to bringing our expert services to your practice. Call us to start generating more revenue in-house today!
- EMG Solutions’ goal is to expedite scheduling, testing and report turnaround.
- We plan to see one patient per hour and, depending on clinic hours, usually see nine patients in a full day (we don’t stop for lunch).
- Usually, an EMG schedule is added to the clinic schedule based on our agreed dates and times, and EMG referrals are placed on that schedule. On the scheduled date, we see the patient, and complete the billing and other documentation. Reports are completed the same day the study is performed. Usually there is a designated person as our point of contact for the schedule, billing and documentation.
- Depending on referrals, we can increase or decrease availability.
- Depending on the clinic, we usually perform the testing in an exam room using a plinth. In some locations where physical therapy is co-located, we provide the service in the physical therapy department. Most treatment rooms are of sufficient size for us to set up our equipment and see the patient.
Billing and Collecting
- The Clinic is responsible for the billing and collecting for the services provided. The providing physical therapist is credentialed by the clinic and all benefits are collected by the clinic.
- EMG Solutions will provide all necessary documentation for the credentialing.
- EMG Solutions will submit a monthly invoice to The Clinic based on services provided.
“EMG Solution practitioners are highly trained and skilled in the practice of nerve conduction studies (NCS)/ electromyography (EMG), holding licensure and specialized certifications in Alabama, Georgia and Florida. Hughston Clinic, P.C. physicians have trusted EMG Solutions to perform EMG diagnostic tests on their patients since 2003. In addition, our physicians frequently request the specialists of EMG Solutions to compare studies and/or repeat tests conducted by outside facilities. Allow your first impulse to lead you to EMG Solutions for your professional diagnostic needs.”
The referral is convenient and easy. EMG Solutions’ goal is to expedite scheduling, testing and report turnaround. The appointment is scheduled by your staff based on a pre-arranged schedule. We provide the testing at your clinic according to the established schedule. EMG Solutions is careful to work only on the days when your clinic can spare a room for testing. We can often work-in a same-day referral or do a STAT read.
We provide the equipment, electrodes and needles. You provide a treatment room and table. Patients are seen hourly. Using the most up to date technology, our highly trained and skilled providers collect accurate and reliable data. Please note that payers require both the NCS and EMG be performed together and on the same day.
The report is the keystone of our service. With accurate and reliable data, the report provides the information you need to make informed and dependable decisions to render optimal patient care. We perform the testing and deliver the report all in the same day.
Who To Refer
In general, patients complaining of numbness, tingling, radiating pain and weakness with symptom duration of 21 days or longer are appropriate for referral. Additional diagnoses that may benefit from referral for EMG/NCS are found here.
The provision of services is based on a contract. You bill and collect for the patient services. We provide the services and submit a monthly invoice based on an agreed upon fee schedule. We are already recognized and credentialed with nearly all major payors in the Southeast. We work with you to complete enrollment applications for the various payors. Because we are already enrolled with most payors it is a matter of adding an additional location.
“The quality of the electrodiagnostic studies provided by EMG Solutions is excellent and consistent. I have complete confidence that all of the data and interpretations are accurate. The staff are always available to discuss any tests they have done and are extremely helpful and excellent communicators. Scheduling is easy and they are always willing to accommodate add-ons and urgent patients. Reports are provided in a timely manner. I use the results of these studies to make important decisions about my patients. EMG Solutions is a significant complement and asset to my practice.”
David C. Rehak, MD
Indications for a Nerve Conduction Study (NCS) and Needle Electromyography (EMG)
Mononeuropathy is damage to a single nerve, which results in loss of movement, sensation, or other function of that nerve.
Radiculopathy is a condition due to a compressed nerve in the spine that can cause pain, numbness, tingling, or weakness along the course of the nerve.
Plexopathy is a disorder affecting a network of nerves, blood vessels, or lymph vessels. The region of nerves it affects are at the brachial or lumbosacral plexus. Symptoms include pain, loss of motor control, and sensory deficits.
Polyneuropathy is the simultaneous malfunction of many peripheral nerves throughout the body.
Neuromuscular disorders in which the primary symptom is muscle weakness due to dysfunction of muscle fiber. Other symptoms of myopathy can include include muscle cramps, stiffness, and spasm.
The motor neuron diseases (MNDs) are a group of progressive neurological disorders that destroy motor neurons, the cells that control essential voluntary muscle activity such as speaking, walking, breathing, and swallowing.
Myotonic diseases are part of a group of inherited disorders called muscular dystrophies. They are the most common form of muscular dystrophy that begins in adulthood. Myotonic dystrophy is characterized by progressive muscle wasting and weakness.
Neuromuscular junction disease is a medical condition where the normal conduction through the neuromuscular junction fails to function correctly.
*Please note that payers require both the NCS and EMG be performed together and on the same day.