We are looking for highly motivated physical therapists to provide electrodiagnostic testing services. Therapists may be either ABPTS board-certified in clinical electrophysiology or interested in being trained in clinical electrophysiology and becoming ABPTS board-certified in clinical electrophysiology.
Interested physical therapists ideally have at least 1 – 2 years of clinical experience and desire to pursue a specialization in clinical electrophysiology (Click here for additional specialty information)
; however, new graduates are encouraged to apply. Therapists must be highly motivated learners and confident presenters.
Physical therapists will be required to travel to provide services at multiple clinics throughout the Southeastern United States. The therapist must have excellent oral and written communication skills. The therapist must also feel comfortable verbally communicating with the referring providers. The therapist must also be comfortable becoming proficient with multiple forms of technology. Active involvement in the profession and leadership in the Clinical Electrophysiology Section is expected.
- Perform and document clinical exam
- Read and understand important and pertinent information in the patient electronic medical records and referrals and formulate appropriate testing protocols
- Perform electrodiagnostic testing using current technology and equipment
- Interpret electrodiagnostic findings and create an accurate, legible and coherent report
- Consult and practice with other health professionals
- Proven work experience as a physical therapist preferred
- Professional behavior and dress
- Ability to manage patients with different types of personalities
- Learn current knowledge of testing practices
- Personal drive to continually learn and grow
- Ability to accept critical evaluation and instruction from mentors and incorporate into practice
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Valid license to practice physical therapy in multiple states
- Graduate degree or greater in physical therapy
- Registered and insured vehicle and valid driver’s license